This guide will walk you through the process of installing and setting up Unreal Engine and the HELIX Studio.
Install Unreal Engine on Windows
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Navigate to the Unreal Engine tab.
- Open the Library tab.
+and select the correct Unreal Engine version (currently HELIX uses v
- Confirm with
Installand a popup will appear, prompting you to select an installation location.
- Select a folder and press
Install Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code (also known as VS Code) is a free and open source source code editor from Microsoft. Visual Studio Code is required for scripting. Download Visual Studio Code from this link. During the installation, make sure you select the
Add to PATH (requires shell restart) option.
After installing VS Code, we highly recommend installing our official HELIX Script VS Code Extension for code auto-completion, types, and more.
Installing the HELIX Studio Plugin for Unreal Engine
- Download the Studio plugin from our Developer Discord or here for (7z)[https://release.helix-cdn.com/studio/v1.3-full.7z] and (zip)[https://release.helix-cdn.com/studio/v1.3-full.zip].
- Unzip the contents directly to your Unreal Engine installation directory, which typically looks like
D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1. Ensure all files are extracted into this directory.
Once you've successfully downloaded and installed Unreal Engine, Visual Studio Code, and the HELIX Studio Plugin, you're all set to start building on HELIX!
Proceed to the next step to create your first world.
Check out the Features List to learn more about Studio.